Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bangladesh

YWAM
In 1960, Loren Cunningham started an organization with that idea expressed even in its name: Youth With A Mission. Today, Youth With A Mission (YWAM) has grown into one of the world's largest Christian mission organizations. How YWAM began and grew is a story of God's direction and God's grace in using ordinary people from countries all over the world.


Letters From Adam

Hello Everybody,
I just wanted to let you all know that I have arrived in Bangladesh safely and I have been enjoying my stay. I was a little nervous flying over here by myself, but I was able to meet different people along the way (plus I knew the Lord was with me). Before I boarded my flight to Dhaka, I was able to make an army of friends by a few elementary Bengali phrases and some mentos. By the time I got to my seat on the plane I had dished out about a half dozen high-5s, it was pretty cool.

I am staying at a nice base here just outside the capital and it is very comfortable. School has been postponed until the 8th to give some students more time to get here, however I am happy I got here early, it has given me time to get adjusted and familiar with some names and faces.

I am bunking next to the cook and he has been wonderful company, we did some gardening the other day and he is quite the crack up, it appears he knows American actors pretty well.

The food has been great thus far and I am taking advantage of the opportunity to eat with my hands. I played soccer yesterday with some of the locals and it was quite the experience.

It's amazing to see how the simple things in life make it worthwhile, yet I reflect on the insignificant things I often get caught up in. Who knew smiles and playing with tops could bring so much fellowship with one another.

I have learned that we have a Pakistani student coming tomorrow and I look forward to building a relationship with him. I'm sure he has quite a testimony seeing how his father is an imam (Islamic teacher/preacher).

I went to a little Baptist Church around the corner from the base this morning and it was good to recognize some of the soccer players. I am thinking and praying for you all as I am sure you are all doing the same for me.

God Bless,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will you pray?